Louisville hosts more than 24 million tourist visits annually, for an estimated economic impact of $1.32 billion, supporting 26,000 tourism-related jobs.
SEEING THE IMPACT
- More than two dozen hotels recently opened,
are under construction or planned, including the
$320 million Omni Louisville Hotel.
- The Kentucky Derby Museum is planning a
$6.5 million renovation and expansion.
- Bourbonism – the act of enjoying Louisville’s unique
local food and bourbon scene – is the city’s first 365-day-a-year tourism experience, resulting in nearly $160 million in related investment in recent years.
- This year, we added the Kentucky Bourbon Trail Gateway at the Frazier Museum, and celebrated the new Bourbon & Beyond Festival.
- The Louisville Zoo again celebrated being the
region’s No. 1 non-profit attraction, hosting over 860,000 guests and visitors from 41 states.
ON THE MOVE!
- Paste listed Louisville among the best cities for theater.
- National Geographic named Louisville a Top 10 food city.
- World Food Travel Association awarded
Louisville its grand prize for Best
- Realtor.com listed Louisville’s 40217 ZIP code (Germantown, Schnitzelburg, Shelby Park and Smoketown) among Top 10 hipster
- Travel + Leisure named Louisville one of
America’s friendliest cities.
- Association of Zoos/Aquariums named
Louisville Zoo Director John Walczak as its 2017 inspector of the year.