As evidenced by a sky of construction cranes, major employer expansions and redevelopment of historic properties, Louisville has more than $12 billion in capital investment announced, completed or underway, just since 2014.
- $5 million redevelopment of historic Colonial Gardens
in south Louisville is under way.
- Plans announced for $200 million Butchertown Soccer Stadium District on 35 underutilized acres in Butchertown.
- Ford Motor Co. invested $900 million at the Kentucky Truck Plant for its new Expedition and Lincoln Navigator lines.
- LINAK broke ground on its new $33 million manufacturing facility, creating more than 400 full-time jobs.
- ResCare is investing $34 million in its new headquarters.
- Churchill Downs plans a $60 million Historical Racing Machine Facility on Poplar Level Road, and $32 million in improvements around the historic Churchill Downs race track.
- CBRE Research endorsed Louisville’s competitive cost of doing business by ranking our office market rates in the Top 10 for affordability.
- Site Selection magazine ranked Louisville as a Top Metro for the South Central and East North Central regions.