From local restaurants and breweries to larger businesses in key sectors of advanced manufacturing, business services, food and beverage, lifelong wellness and aging care, and logistics and e-Commerce, Louisville Metro has gained 2,500 businesses since 2011, including a number of small businesses – the heart and soul of a local economy.
- METCO loans supported store openings in the Butcher Block development in Butchertown.
- Louisville’s first music brewery, Gravely Brewing Co., opened in the Highlands.
- Locally owned Altitude Trampoline Park opened to great fanfare in Shively.
- Local startup The Bacon launched its online service
connecting businesses and customers.
- Louisville Bespoke, a fashion incubator space, is
supporting fashion designers and creative entrepreneurs.
ON THE MOVE!
Small business owners gave Louisville an
A grade through Thumbtack’s 2017 Small
Business Friendliness Survey.